Woodworking Classes for 6th-8th Graders
Design and build your own project.
Choose from samples or concept your own learning about design constraints, joinery and prototyping.
- Learn to use a saw safely and concept your design
- Create sketch and make your 3D prototype; decide on joints needed
- Lay out shapes needed on project materials; rough cut parts
- Rough cut parts
- Start joinery; learn associated tools such as planes, hammers, screwdrivers, dowel based joinery
- Progress on joinery getting each piece to work; learn to deal with issues as they arise (and they always do :) )
- Dry fit parts; glue up and or final join
- Finish project with natural oil, shellac, or polyurathane
Class is limited to 8 students.